Watch this video to discover surprising facts about prednisone side effects.
Find out tips about coping with prescription drug side effects that apply to any prescription drug, not just prednisone.
- Take prednisone with food?
- Take it first thing in the morning?
Discover Dr. Megan, the Prednisone Pharmacist’s surprising answers.
Top Factors Minimize with Prednisone Side Effects
- The lower the prednisone dose usually means less side effects
- Take it in the morning for prednisone to help with insomnia and mimic natural body release
- Take prenatal pills at night to sleep through nausea
- Body rhythms
- Thyroid hormone (levothyroxine) should be taken in the morning to mimic natural thyroid hormone release
- Drug interactions
- Don’t take thyroid hormone with calcium
- Prednisone can be taken with thyroid hormone
- Prednisone can be taken with calcium
- Iron should be taken with something acidic like orange juice
Prednisone with or without food: that is the question
The typical advice is to take prednisone with food. This is to minimize a theoretical risk for peptic ulcer. But research shows that it might not matter. So the answer: take prednisone with or without food.
Tell your Dr about ALL over the counter medicines, dietary supplements, vitamin products, and medications taken because it could be a drug-drug interaction with a supplement, vitamin.
Talk to your pharmacist. Did you know they have a doctorate degree? That they know more than your doctor about drugs? That they are required to offer to counsel you? Then take them up on it!
Prednisone DosageCommon Question: Prednisone Dosage? One of the most common questions I get is, “Is my...
Common Side Effects of Prednisone & How to CopeCommon Side Effects of Prednisone & What You Can Do About It Which Side Effects...
How to Counteract Prednisone Side EffectsHow to Counteract Prednisone Side Effects Prednisone is a miracle drug that saves lives. But...