Top 3 Prednisone Survey Results
Dr. Megan, the Prednisone Pharmacist, shares the results of the Prednisone Survey.
Find out which side effects of prednisone challenge patients the most.
In February 2019, Dr. Megan polled current prednisone users about “What is your single biggest challenge with the prescription drug prednisone?”
Prednisone Survey Results: Top Prednisone Side Effects:
- Weight gain: 52% (weight, fat, fat changes, bloating)
- Emotional: 18% (irritability, rage, anger, emotional changes, lack of joy, tired)
- Moon face: 16% (physical changes, puffy face, moon face)
- Taper: 11% (pain when taper, on long time, safety)
- Insomnia: 11% (nightmares, trouble sleeping, stressful dreams)
- Joint pain: 9% (joint pain, muscle pain, aches, inflammation)
- Diabetes: 5% (blood sugar, blood glucose, diabetes)
- Bone damage: 4% (osteonecrosis, osteoporosis, bone loss)
- Stomach: 4% (gastritis, pain, diarrhea)
- Hot flashes: 4% (flushing, red cheeks, hot, sweats)
- Hair changes: 2%: (hair loss, facial hair)
See the results that surprised Dr. Megan!
Vitamin D Reduced Diabetes RiskPreventing Risk of Diabetes with Vitamin D I got bad news from my rheumatologist My rheumatologist ordered some...
Metformin for Moon Face?Reducing Moon Face and Weight Gain with Metformin? Hello Prednisone Warrior, A cheap, naturally occurring...
Herbs to Replace prednisone? Prevent Osteoporosis?Natural Alternative to Replace Prednisone? Plus Herbal Medicines for the Prevention of Osteoporosis Do you...