Dr. Megan, the Prednisone Pharmacist, shares the results of the Prednisone Survey.
Find out which side effects of prednisone challenge patients the most.
In February 2019, Dr. Megan polled current prednisone users about “What is your single biggest challenge with the prescription drug prednisone?”
Prednisone Survey Results: Top Prednisone Side Effects:
- Weight gain: 52% (weight, fat, fat changes, bloating)
- Emotional: 18% (irritability, rage, anger, emotional changes, lack of joy, tired)
- Moon face: 16% (physical changes, puffy face, moon face)
- Taper: 11% (pain when taper, on long time, safety)
- Insomnia: 11% (nightmares, trouble sleeping, stressful dreams)
- Joint pain: 9% (joint pain, muscle pain, aches, inflammation)
- Diabetes: 5% (blood sugar, blood glucose, diabetes)
- Bone damage: 4% (osteonecrosis, osteoporosis, bone loss)
- Stomach: 4% (gastritis, pain, diarrhea)
- Hot flashes: 4% (flushing, red cheeks, hot, sweats)
- Hair changes: 2%: (hair loss, facial hair)
See the results that surprised Dr. Megan!
23+ Years: How He Stopped Prednisone 💊After 23 years stuck on prednisone for RA (rheumatoid arthritis), Ron was desperate to get...
She lost 20 pounds on Pred!Prednisone Weight Gain has been one of the main concerns of Prednisone Warriors! So I’m...
Collagen and PrednisoneWhen you hear the word “collagen” what do you think of first? Most people think...