Dr. Megan, the Prednisone Pharmacist, shares the results of the Prednisone Survey.
Find out which side effects of prednisone challenge patients the most.
In February 2019, Dr. Megan polled current prednisone users about “What is your single biggest challenge with the prescription drug prednisone?”
Prednisone Survey Results: Top Prednisone Side Effects:
- Weight gain: 52% (weight, fat, fat changes, bloating)
- Emotional: 18% (irritability, rage, anger, emotional changes, lack of joy, tired)
- Moon face: 16% (physical changes, puffy face, moon face)
- Taper: 11% (pain when taper, on long time, safety)
- Insomnia: 11% (nightmares, trouble sleeping, stressful dreams)
- Joint pain: 9% (joint pain, muscle pain, aches, inflammation)
- Diabetes: 5% (blood sugar, blood glucose, diabetes)
- Bone damage: 4% (osteonecrosis, osteoporosis, bone loss)
- Stomach: 4% (gastritis, pain, diarrhea)
- Hot flashes: 4% (flushing, red cheeks, hot, sweats)
- Hair changes: 2%: (hair loss, facial hair)
See the results that surprised Dr. Megan!
Prednisone Alternatives – Should I take prednisone or not?Before you take prednisone, there are several questions you should ask. Or even if you’ve...
Alternative to Prednisone for PMRFinally! There’s an alternative to prednisone for PMR! PMR is a disease that has had...
What Supplements Should I Take With Prednisone?I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving yesterday! A Prednisone Warrior sent me this message:...