Dr. Megan, the Prednisone Pharmacist, shares the results of the Prednisone Survey.
Find out which side effects of prednisone challenge patients the most.
In February 2019, Dr. Megan polled current prednisone users about “What is your single biggest challenge with the prescription drug prednisone?”
Prednisone Survey Results: Top Prednisone Side Effects:
- Weight gain: 52% (weight, fat, fat changes, bloating)
- Emotional: 18% (irritability, rage, anger, emotional changes, lack of joy, tired)
- Moon face: 16% (physical changes, puffy face, moon face)
- Taper: 11% (pain when taper, on long time, safety)
- Insomnia: 11% (nightmares, trouble sleeping, stressful dreams)
- Joint pain: 9% (joint pain, muscle pain, aches, inflammation)
- Diabetes: 5% (blood sugar, blood glucose, diabetes)
- Bone damage: 4% (osteonecrosis, osteoporosis, bone loss)
- Stomach: 4% (gastritis, pain, diarrhea)
- Hot flashes: 4% (flushing, red cheeks, hot, sweats)
- Hair changes: 2%: (hair loss, facial hair)
See the results that surprised Dr. Megan!
Prednisone 💊 & Coronavirus 😷: What You Need To KnowThis video was recorded in March 2020 and included the latest research about prednisone and...
Why I’m Grateful for Prednisone – Happy Thanksgiving!While it’s tough, I’m grateful for prednisone. It is a drug that makes me feel...
Autumn on Nutranize ZoneIs there any way to feel better while on prednisone? That’s what I wanted...