You should watch this because it tells you more in depth about osteoporosis from prednisone (and other steroids). Plus it’s the best-produced video I’ve been in!
Listen to the Podcast
Watch the Podcast Interview: This Med Causes Bone Loss & Osteoporosis: Prednisone Pharmacist w/ BoneCoach
- How did you become the Prednisone Pharmacist?
- What surprised you the most about taking prednisone?
- Prednisone side effects
- When you found out that you had to take prednisone long-term, what were you worried about?
- How does prednisone cause bone loss and osteoporosis?
- What do the doctors who prescribe prednisone recommend?
- Risks vs. Benefits
- What have you found out about prednisone that they didn’t teach you in pharmacy school? (Myths)
- Bone loss happens quickly
- Vertebral (spine) fractures are the most common
- Drug-induced nutrient depletion is more than just calcium
- Is it possible to ever taper off of Prednisone through improvement in diet and lifestyle?
- Where can people find you?
- Websites: Prednisonepharmacist.com
- Nutranize® Zone™ for Prednisone: Nutranize.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/prednisonepharmacist/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/drmeganprednisonepharmacist
- Instagram: @prednisonepharmacist