You know that prednisone is stealing nutrients. You know which nutrients you need. Now you might be asking, “But how can I get the right nutrition while on prednisone?” Watch this video to get my best tips!
How can I get the right nutrition while on prednisone?
- You’re on prednisone because you’re unwell. So start from a place of grace – you’re healing.
- Give yourself Grace: you’re on a prescription drug that you need for an important reason
Avoid sugar & salt: Toss all the junk food out
- Candy, other sweets
- Cookies, desserts
- Sweetened beverages
- Instant dinners
Give Nutrients Needed:
- Reframe meals: start with planning veggies
- Find what’s on sale and plan to cook that
- Sale = in season, so higher nutritional value
- Plan: hardest part of eating well is preventing hunger binges.
- Prepare healthy snacks:
- Dried apricots
- Use spices to replace salt
Get the tools you need
- Instant Pot for easy veggies and whole grains
- Blender for simple smoothies and veggie soups
Prednisone Side Effects TimelineThe #1 type of question about prednisone I get asked more often than any other...
Safe dose of prednisone?Is there a safe dose of prednisone? Some people have to take prednisone long-term, but...
GCA: Normal dose of prednisone? – Giant Cell Arteritis TreatmentAre you taking prednisone for GCA (Giant Cell Arteritis)? Check out this new episode for...